Saturday 20 July 2013

Haul: Bangkok Trip 2012

 
 
 
I went Bangkok 3 times so far in my life and last year 2012 was my first time stepping into Boots. It's a UK drugstore brand and pharmacy store. How lucky of Bangkok to have both Boots and Watsons. Anyway, I saw these I Love...Cosmetics products and I knew I had to bring some home. The ones I bought are not exactly cosmetics but more of bodywashes. I think there are about 8 different scents to choose from and these 3 were my most favourite. The top picture are all the Exfoliating Shower Smoothies while the bottom ones are Bubble Bath and Shower Cremes. I think I can sit and admire them all day..ok not really.

 
Next, these Boots Botanics Purifying Face Scrub for Normal/Oily Skin caught my attention. They look like they are gentle on my face and made of natural ingredients. Haha, well they looked like, but of course there are chemicals in them but less, and they are made in UK. Into my cart these go!

 
Soap and Glory. Cheaper than those found at Sephora. Plus, they were having further sale at Boots. Need I say more? I got the Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff scented with their Mist You Madly's and Flake Away Shea Butter, Sugar and Peach Seed Powder Spa Body Polish, with skin smoothing sea salt, grapeseed and almond oil.  I was mind boggled with all the tempting ingredients. The next time you go to Bangkok, please be sure to make a trip down to Boots and get these babies. You won't regret it.

 
Then, it was the 2nd time I went to their MBK mall. Inside the mall, a wide variety of fragrances and cosmetics are offered on a particular level. You need to check out that level if you are into beauty (which you are because you are reading this now). I found a store selling Bath and BodyWorks frangrance mists!!! I almost wanna laughed out in victory as these cannot be found in Singapore. But no, that would have looked crazy. Anyway, I got the 2 smaller bottles in their Signature Collection in Cherry Blossom and Midnight Pomegranate. The 2 bigger bottles are their Signature Citrus Collection in Peach Citrus and Pomegranate Citrus.
 
 
 
Do remember to walk the streets of Bangkok as well. There are small push carts along the roads selling a huge variety of goods. It's ok if you do not want to eat their food, but there are also beauty related stuff offered! Upon looking closely, there was this vendor selling all types of mirror, which I thought was so Anna Sui inspired. In the end, I got this pretty heart-shaped mirror. The top mirror and the base can be separated, and they will help you wrapped nicely and thickly with newspaper. I just pack it into my luggage and was still in fine condition all the way back home. 
 
 
 
Here are some X&D Nail Foils, a sticker that acts as a nail polish for your fingernails. Cheaper there too, bought them at Platinum Mall. Some accessories for you all as well! Watches and rings from Chatuchak Weekend Market. Necklaces can be found at different malls, go to those fashion malls and you can find pretty necklaces at low prices.  
 
 

I had wanted to get myself a Kenzo Perfume after I smelled it at our local Sephora but thought that it would be a wiser choice to buy when I came back from Bangkok so that I can get it at their duty-free store at the arrival hall for a slightly cheaper price, while waiting for my luggage to be ready for collection. This has got to be my most expensive fragrance yet as I'm into VS and BBW which are not so highly priced as others.

The next time you go to Bangkok, have a blast there with their food, clothes, accessories and of course, beauty products. However, do be careful with where you buy from. I do notice counterfeit products that are being sold on their streets and even in malls, like those open stores/push carts. Thus, it is advisable to go well-known stores like Boots, Watsons or just big official stores that have store name displayed for us to see clearly. Enjoy!

xoxo,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment