Friday 12 July 2013

(YAY) Review: Essence Coverstick in 01 Matt Sand


 
 Essence is another cosmetics brand that have arrive in Singapore pretty recently. The good news is that it offers cheap cosmetics that works! The only place I know that sells this brand is Watsons and do take note that not all Watson outlets do carry this brand.
 
The previous concealer that I used that was in the similar price range was ELF, I think it was their All Over Cover Stick in Ivory. I do have that concealer with me still but I will talk about it in another post. When I saw this, I knew I had to try this and see if it works, and probably have this replace over my ELF one.
 
The coverage of this Essence Coverstick is pretty awesome I have to say. I had a three days trip to Malaysia once and I brought this along with me to use as a foundation. I love it! It gives a good coverage and does not make my face shiny/oily. Places where I want to conceal more, I just layer over. I got it in 01 Matt Sand, which is really close to my skin tone, which is ZA shade 20-21. I have blended the concealer on the left side of the thick swatch, match my skin tone nicely!
 
However, the one thing I realise is that this concealer stick is abit drying on my face. To solve this problem, I put moisturiser on my face first before applying this. And viola! I love how it applies and looks on my face afterwards after moisturiser.
 
This concealer is so affordable, works well and easily available at Watsons (I get mine from Takashimaya). Not a wonder that I will be going back to get more backups.
 
xoxo,
April


No comments:

Post a Comment